Thread: 4G LTE Setup
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 02:46 AM   #33
wiredgeorge

The word "UNLIMITED" gets a bit ambiguous these days. Some phone companies use UNLIMITED talk, text and data but the data part is for the phone only. As soon as you turn the phone into a mobile hotspot, the UNLIMITED doesn't apply. How many folks stream movies on their phone? We had AT&T and used a mobile hotspot to provide internet to the computers for a couple years. We were on a 35 gig data plan and it was super expensive. Go over and they charged $10 per gig of data over. My missus pays the bills so her name was on the account and AT&T called her and offered UNLIMITED talk, text and data for a lot less than we were paying. New plan! So she signed up. The next day, when I turned the hot spot on, I found it no longer worked as that plan meant phone only data. When she called up to complain this wasn't explained, they said for her to go to some web page for plan fine print details and we couldn't get back on the 35 gig a month plan at the old price. We then dropped the hotspot internet and went with satellite internet (we live rural).

Anyone considering some phone plan, read the fine print before jumping as the word UNLIMITED doesn't mean exactly that anymore.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote