View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #14
German Shepherd Guy

Our first two were used. Has some problems but nothing major. Thing to remember is that TTs are by their very nature built so that YOU will be doing a lot of upkeep. If the person you are buying used from knows this then better chance they kept up on it. Things to look for: Was the TT stored outside or under a roof? How do the tires look? And here be looking for the manufacture date, not just if they have tread. TT tires typically wear out long before their tread does. Does the floor feel "spongy"? (avoid that one) Is the ceiling inside "bubbled" (another thing to avoid). What condition is the battery in? In other words how well maintained is this "tool" ?

So we did OK with both our used and so we bought new this fall. BUT, I am fully aware that buying 'new" does not absolve the serious RVer from still having to be mechanically inclined. It IS NOT like buying a new car.

But the reason we did was so that once something was "fixed" I would know it is done right and can move onto the next issue. I even built a pole barn just to house my new purchase a year before we bought it. It WILL BE the last TT I buy this side of the grave.
Good Luck and have fun looking. Don't be in a hurry.

Oak

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote