View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 12:16 PM   #15
lcanterbury

Premier Slide

I recently had to replace the small gearbox on the 12' slide on my 2015 Premier Bullet. The slide start jerking when I would move it in and out. I talked with a RV Tech and he suggested the I lubricate the seals with a lube made for the slide seals. This worked but then I noticed it started jerking even after lubricating. I found the seal along the bottom of the slide was folded to the inside which created in essence a brake. I removed the seal and replaced it with basically a door sweep type seal. This closes the area to keep insects, water, etc. out but it will not fold into the opening and create a brake effect. I have done this to both slides on the unit and everything is back to working smoothly.
The gearbox is not too bad to change. The bearing mount on the intermediate gear in the gearbox won't take a lot of abuse. I am sure the jerking probably caused the failure. There are a few Youtube videos on the process. I did mine without removing any of the decorative molding on the slide.
lcanterbury is offline   Reply With Quote