View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 05:45 AM   #5
Mikendebbie

Dish does not like splitters

I have a tailgater with a ViP211z black box. I could never get it to work with the docking station input labeled "satelite" on my 2017 Laredo 330RL, and it will not work with my current Montana. Much discussion on this subject on the Montana forum. It seems the many splitters used in the wiring configurations installed by Keystone degrade the signal to a point where it can't get thru (basic explaination).

My solution for the Laredo and the Montana is to run a flat coax section thru the window for a direct connection between the tailgater and the Vip211z black box and skip the built-in connections.

My goal is to feed a new separate/direct coax thru the slide with the TV to the convenience center so I can direct hook up the tailgater there and not do the "thru the window" thing. Initially DW did not like the appearance of the coax coming thru the window and across a small section of wall to the TV. She has not complained in several months, and being the lazy bass turd that I am - this task is still "on the list" of things to do.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote