View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #7
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racebug View Post
I took some stuff apart last night looking into how everything is controlled. It looks like the center unit has its own breaker. The front and rear units share a breaker. There is one romex wire that runs from that breaker up into the ceiling and I am guessing it is spliced at the top of that wall and goes to the front and rear units. They have 120 power all the time. I think the thermostat does all the controlling and load distribution. If I was to add a breaker (there is an empty spot) and tie it into the rear unit where the splice currently is and reconfigured the zone jumpers on the control boxes at each unit, I might be able to make this work. Any thoughts? I obviously understand to only run all 3 when plugged into 50 amp....

For sure. If each a/c unit has its own 120 volt circuit, you can run all three. At that point it is just a matter of fixing/removing the controller that switches between the two. If each one has its own thermostat they can run independently.

I added a third unit in a camper not designed for one. That meant I had to run power to it (in addition to cutting a hole in the roof and framing it). My main unit is connected to the ducts with a thermostat on the walk. The other two are direct dump units with the knob thermostat.

As an additional task I took on was adjusting the thermostat in the direct dump units. They always cycled off too soon... so I figured out how to adjust the thermostat. It is just a screw on the micro-switch. I can get the temp way cold even in 100+ degree temps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote