View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarie View Post
We've been living in our trailer full time since June of this year. We're in Minnesota so over the winter we'll be storing the trailer. My question is, when are we going to start running into freezing pipes?

Our forecast in my part of Minnesota dips below freezing starting on this Sunday, October 27...
Sunday 44/30
Monday 42/28
Tuesday 38/27
Wednesday 36/26
Thursday 35/26
Friday 37/27
Saturday 40/29

We run our heat overnight and generally try to use a space heater during the day. Our underbelly is enclosed, but it's not heated - that I know of - and it just looks like a thick piece of cardboard. Do we need to winterize the trailer and move out before these temps hit or will we be okay for a few days? Maybe a foolish question but, what's our worst case scenario if the pipes freeze? Do they burst and water leaks everywhere? Are we just concerned about pipes under our trailer freezing or do we run the risk of things inside freezing?

We're planning on moving out November 1 anyway but I'm trying to gauge if we need to adjust.

Thanks for your help!
Freezing pipes can equals a lot of money for repairs. If cold enough it can freeze inside the camper in enclosed cabinets and interior walls that aren't insulated if it stays cold enough long enough.
While what you have listed as forecasted temps I wouldn't consider a "hard freeze" you have to ask yourself how confident are you in the forecasting ability of your source and do you "feel lucky".
JMHO
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote