View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
Paddler

2011 Montana 3400RL

Greetings all,

We picked up our new 3400RL this weekend and we are tickled pink. We had to have a couple things addressed after the PDI but nothing major and overall we are pretty satisfied with the initial quality of our unit.

We realize that with only 48 hours under it's roof, and most of that time was spent moving our stuff from the old TT to the new 5er, we still have a lot to learn.

The Likes:

Rear living floor plan: With the Entertainment center angled and the TV on the swivel base...all seats have a good view of the TV (at the same time). Unlike the floorplans that have the TVs that rise out of the consoles and don't swivel...JMHO

Kitchen: L shaped counter has lots of open surface area for meal preparation.

Air Con: We have the optional 2nd AC unit, so I like the Dual Zone thermostat. Just hope it can keep up with the Florida summers. We did use the fireplace both mornings to take the chill off, nice option.

Bed room: We like the open floorplan, I know many folks prefer not to have guest see their bedrooms when the guest visits the loo, but for us we like the open area. The 6+ft ceiling is also a big plus even for us short folks.

Towing: Had a learning curve on hitching up a 5er, but it pulled nice and over our short haul, 30 miles @ 55, returned a respectable 12.3 mpg. (We averaged about 13.4 mpg with our old 30 ft TT that weight about half as much.)

The undecided:

Water Works panel: Like the panel and location...not really sure if I lke the dump valve operation. Pull the handle then wait...same with closing, takes time to Start/Stop the flow. I'm used to more instant action. Waste hose storage tube...might turn out to be a good thing...have to give it more time.

Hydraulic slides: Press the button and the trailer will decide the order of opening or closing...NOT! Since we had never seen the 5th closed up, I was outside at the control panel selecting the closing order. After we learn the safe "free spaces", we may let the 5th select the order.

In summary, we likes it.