View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 05:40 AM   #7
Jim W

Since you have a 06; I would recommend either the A-Pillar mount with the Boost, EGT’s, and Transmission gauges or just the dash pod and two gauges EGT’S and transmission. The pods can be factory match in color and the gauges can be factory match too. Even if you stock it is good to know what the EGT’s are so you can let the turbo cool down on the 06.

For EGT’s you will need to drill a port in the exhaust manifold for either gauges or a monitor on your 06. I would highly recommend the EGT gauge for your truck regardless if stock or modified.

Now on the transmission gauge you will either need to cut the line and install a port for the probe or use an ACU-Temp Adapter. This mounts on the output line and reads the outgoing transmission oil temperature although the reading will be between 20 and 30 degrees cooler that actual oil temperature. I used this ACU-Temp Adapter for a year before adding a Mag-Hytec pan so the probe is now in the oil pan. See photo below for my set-up.

For the Boost gauge you add a simple boost bolt to the air-horn for this reading.

These can be purchased from Geno's Garage with all of the instructions and the necessary parts required to use them and our factory match gauges.

Jim W.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gauges for 2008 Dodge.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	4825   Click image for larger version

Name:	EGT probe.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	4826  
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote