View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 06:53 PM   #38
elcaminonut69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
When you ran your refrigerator on the two GP 29 batteries, what was the battery charge level/end voltage after the 24 hours? I ask because if your batteries are typical "marine deep cycle batteries", most manufacturers recommend not discharging beyond 70% to prolong life. That equates to a battery voltage of around 12.3 volts. Many inverters will operate down to about 11.5 volts before they shut down from low input voltage. 11.8 VDC equates to a battery charge level of around 30%. Discharging "marine deep cycle batteries" to that low level repeatedly will shorten their usable life significantly.
I didn't check the batteries after but I will make it a point to next time I travel with it. I bought the Duracell Gel cell batteries from Sams Club to replace the original group 24 batteries. I normally only use the inverter while traveling and stay in a campground every night that I can. Work is taking me to Savannah right after the new year but it is only about 5 hours. I will get a battery reading when I get there and post it but with the cool weather I don't think it will use much. Hot weather seems to use the most battery which is understandable.