View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #15
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Dave W,

Bontrager's is not your "typical internet presence". ....
John - if Bontrager's had at least shown on my 'net search, I might have given them a call as long as I had a part number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Thinking out loud here: We "hyper extend" slides all the time to do lino work and I have replaced lower sweeper seals that look like what you describe. Granted we are talking about through the frame type, but I would suspect yu could do the same with a cable system. If your interested PM me and I can describe how we do it. Im thinking a 90 degree adapter or one of these will allow the needed room to remove/install fasteners.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-24-P...ol-Set/3387782
Chuckster - when you say 'hyper extend, what does that mean to your needs. To me, it means that a slide would be forced beyond normal limits and not something that a DIY should be doing witout some special tooling, jacks or way to stop before an 'awwww s@#$' happened. These above the floor slides can be extended and then carefully jack up 2-3 inches. Would I need more? This is not a job that I can do for a while with the current snow and 2030 degrees that we have so may come back to you for guidance in Mar/April.

I like that tool though probably have every insert bit but no special wrench ... and since I never have enough tools and our local Lowe's has one in stock ....
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote