Thread: Intro to us
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 08:17 AM   #6
wiredgeorge

Took a minute to look at a similar 294RLS on youtube and that is a great floor plan. Love door to the bedroom which is one of the reasons we have a Cougar 278EFS 5vr. I get up a lot earlier than the missus when camping and can sit and drink coffee and watch TV in the cabin and you can't really hear anything while in bed.

On a 2005 model (ours is a 2002), you will want to check the electric switch on the water heater; it is on the outside on the bottom left and hard to find. Mine was shot and I changed the electric water heater element (fried), changed the switch and put in new thermostats... all easy jobs. You will also want to pull the anode which picks up minerals in the hot water rather than the same minerals rotting your tank. The anode likely needs changed. Another suggestion would be to add some NO SLIDE rubbery stuff to the bottom of the cushions on the dinette. They slide out easily otherwise. Last, check the date code on your tires. The date code is in an oval on the sidewall and has four numbers; first two are week of the year and second two are the year so 1712 means 17th week of 2012. If you are a racer fan you may or may not know this (I am a vintage bike mechanic and see 20 year old tires all the time). Anything much over 3 years old and a new set of tires might be in order; lots of opinions on tires on this forum.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote