Thread: New be
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 07:03 AM   #34
Mainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanch57 View Post
Glen, it can be done, we did it about five years ago. I think I used the good sam trip planner. At Devils tower, (back then) there was a campground right at the gate to devils tower. Nothing special but it had full hookups. If you have been to Yellowstone you already know that the only campground with hookups is at fishing bridge. I think some go the the west gate and there are many campgrounds there. Yeah it is a long drive but with planning you can do it. I stopped driving mid afternoon in order to rest on the days we were on the road. Yes, we would like to go back and spend more time, but time away together is a vacation in itself.
A sour note: Fishing Bridge will be closed for the 2019 season per the NPS website. Mammoth Hot Springs allowed rigs longer than 25' (front bikes to rear box) the other campgrounds didn't when we went through in 2015.

We have been to Yellowstone many times over the last 60+ years, from both coasts. Total time in the park or area is several months, still more we need to see.

If you are zooming to what you want to see, skip the RV parks on the way, crash at Walmart, HD, Lowes, etc. Hookup time is wasted time if you want to see anything when you get there.
Mainer is offline   Reply With Quote