View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #28
gregrc75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADQ K9 View Post
cmerkert,
Not sure on the layout of your trailer but from the pics and the size of the vac it might fit under the vanity in the bath.
Greg,
Nice mods
How did you attach the wire shelves in your wardrobe? I need to make some pantry modifications on my Cougar and the wire shelves might work better than wood.

The vac definitely seems like it would fit in the vanity. It is about 14” high and maybe 6-7” square. The only advice is that I wouldn’t want the hose to plug into the receptacle where it has to turn a lot of corners. The hose will rub and scratch the finish on the doorways, cabinets etc. Where I located it u dr the bed, the hose “path” would be pretty unobstructed for the majority of the trailer.

To mount the shelves, I used prefinished cove molding to create a ledge. I applied construction adhesive (Liquid Nails) to the back of the molding, pressed it in place, and used my small brad nailer to hold it. Then I placed the shelves on top of the molding.
Between the small brads and the adhesive, it is very solid. I did the same in my last camper and they were still solidly in place 6 years after when I traded it in.

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote