View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentB View Post
I bought my 2010 Tundra new .... I too have never been able to find any indication what weights it is rated for. But Toyota says I can tow 10,500 lbs.
There are two ratings (actually 4: two ball and two trailer) on your receiver. First is the maximum tongue weight and maximum trailer weight WITHOUT weight distribution. Next is the maximum tongue weight and maximum trailer weight WITH weight distribution.

Those two maximum (tongue and trailer) are significantly different with the application of a weight distribution hitch. That information is essential when towing and should be readily available in the owner's manual and/or on a decal on the receiver body. On Ford receivers, it's on a plate attached to the crossmember. This is a photo from the internet depicting the information for a receiver ratings. Your hitch has similar information located "somewhere"....

ADDED: As for chay1950's comments about his receiver being "welded" to the truck frame, I'd be very concerned with that receiver. I haven't seen a "factory OEM receiver" that is welded in place in the past 10 or 15 years (maybe even longer). All of them are currently bolted to the frame to preserve the frame strength and integrity.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hitch data plate.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	17498  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote