View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
mthopton

We have a 153ML and have had it now for about 15 months. We purchased new from Open Roads RV in Woodstock, GA. My tow vehicle is a 2017 Toyota Tundra and I’m using a Curt weight/sway hitch. The Tundra with the 5.7 iForce V8 is a beast and pulls this Camper with ease.

We added a Class 3 hitch to the rear for use with a hitch style bicycle rack. Works great.

I’ve had a few minor issues but none requiring dealer assistance. Some interior trim pieces came off, the Dometic toilet flush valve developed a leak, which was easily fixed with a Phillips head and a $35 part while mid-trip.

We replaced the umbilical cord with a plug-in style cord, which works well and is more convenient. The “stereo” is marginal and we haven’t even used the TV yet. Fit/finish is acceptable but nothing fantastic. We have 100+ nights in our camper and it has functioned fine and is no worse for the wear. Tows easily and is just right for 2 people.

My Wife would prefer to be able to walk around the bed to make it up... no big deal to me. The fridge is a good size, the heater will smoke you out and the dinette is comfortable enough. We replaced the mattress with a memory foam from Amazon - made a huge difference.

Like most, there is minimal counter space and nowhere for a coffee maker, so I added a flip-up counter with a bamboo cutting board, a piano hinge and two brackets. Much more functional.

Overall, it fits our needs and we’ve been happy. I’ll try to add some pics for you to see.

Good luck!
mthopton is offline   Reply With Quote