View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
From Austin have you ever been to Marble Falls area? We love that area & have stayed at Sunset Pointe Rv Resort just west of MF & love it. Bluebonnet Cafe has the best pies in Texas.

For the OP; I did not mention Marble Falls because I figured you had been there; I certainly would have been to get out of Austin. I lived in MF for a couple of years and it was the only place I've ever lived that I thought I was on vacation every day even though I was working. Since you've been to Inks you have probably been in the area, if not, you need to do yourself a favor and spend some time there.

My favorite lake was always LBJ. Sunset Point is on the lake as I recall. I've been there once and it was nice but pricey if I recall; by Wirtz dam if I remember. Used to watch folks line the fences overlooking the gates fishing for white bass when they were running. When I went to the RV park looked like you can't do that anymore.....and the RV park wasn't there at all back when (70s).

The Bluebonnet was there back then, better than it is now. Knew every person that worked there and the owners - it was our "go to" place for breakfast almost every day. I've not been in there in about 4 years but hopefully they are still doing well. And yes, their pies used to be something really special.

Also, didn't notice but you might also want to spend time in Fredericksburg. We really like it there too; not as much as MF because there's nothing to do but look at a bit of history, shop and......eat, which is something I need to cut back on.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote