View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 05:28 AM   #44
Javi

[QUOTE=Old Mustanger;317539]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
My '15 has all that, but when I cut it off too many times it will give me a message of DRIVE TO CLEAN EXHAUST FILTER which does not disappear until the cycle is finished.

Yea mine did that 2 or 3 times before it would not clean by driving any longer. I may have just had a bad system since I always drove for at least 20 minutes when the passive message flashed (if I caught it). And yes I have read the supplemental manual several times (including the day I purchased the truck) to see if I was doing something wrong.
You very well could have gotten a bad DPF, I know that I have only seen the DRIVE TO CLEAN warning twice in the 4 years I've owned this truck and about that in the '12 I had before it.. I do frequently see the flash warning that the truck is passively cleaning the filter, especially if I haven't made a road trip in a couple of weeks..

One thing that I'm religious about is running a lubricant and Cetane booster... I use Diesel Kleen, my tank is a 37 gallon and I use 16 oz per fill-up..