Thread: Window Film?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 04:48 AM   #14
wiredgeorge

I bought a roll of window tint off eBay. It was 20 percent tint and that means 80 percent of the heat generated light doesn't get through. We don't mind the cabin being a bit dark. We bought a 48" wide 50' roll and that was probably enough to do the trailer at least one more time over. A razor knife and a small squeegee are all that is needed. Just cut the film to slightly overlap your window. Activate the clinging adhesive with some soapy water (I think that was it... can't recall but we looked at youtube for direction). Put the cut piece on the window then trim with the razor knife. Took most of an afternoon to do the whole trailer.

This is what we bought: WINDOW TINT FILM ROLL CHARCOAL BK 5% 20% 35% 50% 48" x 50FT Intersolar

I disliked the idea of taping up window shades or the like and then having to untape as some do to solve the heat problem. The only places not protected from the hot sun are the bathroom sky light, the vents and the front door and I will likely take that on this summer. We hardly use the vents except for the bath and I installed a tinted glass skylight over the tub but a lot of heat comes in anyway.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote