View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 03:48 AM   #29
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
Walmart store that stand alone and they are the only tenant in a parking lot usually allow overnight parking if the local ordinance hasn't strapped them down. One problem is if Wal-Mart shares it's parking lot with other stores, strip centers, etc. You will find these types have to follow owners rules.
No Overnight Parking is an ambiguous statement... What is considered overnight? Is the hours of 9pm to 6am overnight? then how is 9am to 6pm or even 8pm considered overnight? Some drivers sleep all day and drive all night, others drive all day and sleep at night. So is this discrimination? Tell the enforcer that I'm not staying overnight... I was getting tired, getting sleepy, I'm afraid I will become a danger to me other drivers. I'm just pulled in here to rest a few hours.
Doesn't seem too ambiguous to me. Overnight means night time or "non daylight hours". Unfortunately the "criminals" like to work under the cover of darkness as well. Some localities ban RV parking because it's a tourist destination, others due to squatters and crime.

I completely understand the strain on enforcement (both public and private) to keep a safe environment. Having a homeless camp outside of a business will drive customers away.

I also understand that drivers get fatigued and need to rest. What I don't get are folks that spend amazing amounts of money for an RV, tons of money on fuel, and then are to "cheap" to pay for a campground. I don't know, to me it's like going to Disney on vacation and sleeping in the parking lot.

It's a personal choice except when it's against the law. Challenging the law with a LEO could end up with a free room for the night but getting your rig back from the impound lot could be costly. So, personally for the newbies reading this my advice is to follow the "rules" and or laws. They are in place for a reason.
JMHO
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote