View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 06:04 AM   #5
Steveo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by major bumm View Post
Thank again for all the help!

I disconnected the fresh tank fill line from the diverter and plugged the lines. The fresh tank continued to fill. "dirty rotten sheep herdin'" er..um.. I mean...

It turns out the problem was a check valve in the pump itself. ?? I didn't even consider that option possible. hmmm. I disconnected the output line running from the pump to the camper and capped that line. I also reconnected the city or fresh tank line to the diverter. The fresh tank does not fill up any longer.

Of course, I no longer have instant access to the fresh tank water supply, either. So, I am working to find a shut-off valve to connect to the pump output side. The pump still works great so why replace it.
I had a similar issue with water leaking back through the pump occasionally. I have a winterizing valve installed in the suction of the pump so I just put it in the winterize position to isolate the pump from the tank if it happens now.

I tried putting in a check valve in the discharge side of the pump but it caused the pump to run continuously and I couldn't get it adjusted to stop it.