View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 05:16 AM   #53
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWRiley View Post
Which is exactly what Ford and Chevy thought until Honda and Toyota took them to the woodshed and taught them a lesson they would never forget. You can put out a quality product AND be competitive with price.

The RV industry will continue to put out crap as long as we buy it. And I'm just as guilty as the next guy. Like I said before, the only reason I put up with the crap they put out is because I love camping. It doesn't have to be this way. Price vs Quality is a false choice. We CAN have both.
Thought of this thread when I saw an interesting review on YouTube of the VanLeigh BEACON fifth wheel. I believe this is a company that produces high end motor coaches and is trying to reach into the towable RV (5th wheel) market with a higher than normal quality level. Look up the prices for these units in RVTrader and you will see that the prices for a 40 foot 5th wheel run between 1.5 and 2.0 times the price of my 2018 Keystone Raptor. They use most of the same appliances and fixtures - but the quality does seem much higher! Let's see - Raptor for $70K - Beacon for $140K. Yup, there is a choice. I'll go back to my prior post - if you want a Mercedes, pay the price. If you are happy with a Ford, then let's go camping!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote