View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 08:36 AM   #27
Laredo Tugger

I agree with you George, 100%.
Much similar to the value rating guides available (Kelly Bluebook and the like) there should be a towing combination guide, listing approved by law TV and TT combinations.
While the objective would be to essentially " clean up messes on the highway and hospitals and such", legislation like this would without a doubt also "clean up" industry profits. This is where this ideology (law) grabs a gear and starts it's uphill climb. The RV industry lobbyist,investors,expert witnesses, and owners all would stand firm to deny any sensible protocol that hinders sales. We know and have seen this. This is obviously displayed among these threads and others like them everyday.
Someone is always "driving off the lot" and then questioning their decision and coming to these pages for "justification" from knowledgeable owners.
I get it, I did the same thing. I drove off with not enough truck, got on these threads to be vindicated and was rightfully educated. I have since "upped my game" and my payload. I find it great that there are folks on here that do care enough to offer insight and their wisdom to ensure safe towing for every member who will listen.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote