View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 09:34 PM   #14
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
You know, I don't know if it will ever be fine again. When I was younger we had no money, had to save all year long to take a 1 week vacation and got to go to someplace like Zion or the like. When we got there (or other places like it) it was vacant. It was just you and the landscape. Fantastic. We didn't go anywhere again for a year.

Fast forward to today. I have no idea where people get all the money they seem to have, and there are so many of them that it boggles the mind. The pictures in the link just make me sad to say the least. But there are millions of folks going, doing, wandering around every single day; in what used to be isolated, desolate pristine areas - no more. I think it is a picture of the future however dismal it may be. So, after reading this article I told my wife that beginning in spring after we return from FL we are going to forego going to the places we own and take out to see all the wonderful places I've not taken the time to see - before I can't.
We are 'almost' anytimers. We stay home June - August and use the boat as the ocean is not crowded. December we spend with family. The rest of the year we can be anywhere at any time. So many places to go and things to see.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote