View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
K_N_L

2017 Fuzion 325 - General QA issues

First off, so far we really like this camper. We purchased a 2017 Fuzion 325 X edition back in March this year. Previously we had a 2011 Fuzion 290 TT toyhauler and were very happy with it overall and wanted to stay with a Fuzion. I expect that with a camper there will be things that you have to fix, just like a boat, its just part of the pay to play thing. However there have been a few items on this unit where the quality assurance team definitely missed, and thought I would share.

1) the black and gray tanks dump handles were backwards in the access panel, had to peel labels off and replace them in proper order
2) the generation and aux gas tanks were labeled backwards as well. I had a lot of fun recirculating gas in the aux tank before I looked underneath and traced the hoses. The tanks are reversed from my 2011 unit.
3) Shower caulking, looked ok till I took a shower and had a lot of water roll on to the floor. Easy fix with more clear caulk.
4) the plastic trim that covers the screws that hold the metal track that bridges the roof membrane to fiberglass cap, (technical term there), it seems to shrink a bit and popped up at the edge near the drip rail. Had to redo the screw and put a bit RTV under it to hold it down.

All of these were easy fixes, I read about #1 on this forum so I went looking for it. As the dealer is an hour away, I wouldn't tow it up there an wait days or longer for them to run a bead of caulk.

Now on the other hand there where a couple of items we noted on the PDI that we had to work with Keystone on. The kitchen backsplash was missing a few tiles over a 4x6 inch area where it came loose during shipment. After many calls between the dealer / factory, we received a replacement sheet of tiles this week and filled in the hole and have enough spare should it any others come loose.

Also, all 2017 X-editions came standard with a list of 'options', 1 of which was 2 z-gravity chairs. Ours were no were no where to be found when we looked at it pre-purchase. Sales guy said he would have them shipped direct from Keystone to us. Well - not so fast... It seems that Keystone needed a form approved by the dealer so to prevent fraud, right? Else everyone would just have them shipping stuff out. So after about 2 months now, and the wife had very copious notes on everyone she spoke to about this both at the dealer and at Keystone, we are assured they would ship out this week. I have to think either the chair never made out of the factory or that items like that tend to fall off the back of the truck a lot.

That said, everything else about the camper we really like. It was the last run of the 325 model, which we had always liked and fit our needs. We've been on 2 trips so far and have about 30-35 more days planned this summer.

So am I being overly retentive or accepting of issues? As this is my first 'NEW' camper I'm not familiar with how others do on the the shakedown runs. Didnt realize this post would be so long so if it's TLDR I understand.

Kevin -n- Lisa
17 Fuzion 325 / 15 Chevy 3500 HC DRW
06 HD Ultra Classic
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote