View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 11:47 AM   #49
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cow View Post
No clue. It would be something the OEM would do as part of the vehicle build. There is a lot of information including videos at http://www.amminex.com/
The my guess would be that someone "INDUSTRY WIDE" (not at Ford, GM or Chrysler) made the decision that trucks already cost $60K+ and the industry couldn't add more money for a "premium exhaust regeneration system" at this time.

Just as light VFR rated airplanes don't come standard with radar and full instrumentation (adding those would make the cost even more expensive), the automobile industry has determined that sales would drop if the cost of a more expensive (even if it's also more effective) emissions system were forced on the public.

Us "buyers" are picky on how much increase we'll accept from year to year. Imagine if the cost of a Chevy Impala ($2300 in 1962) would have jumped to $60,000 in 1963. How many do you think GM would have sold???

"Better" is a compromise between affordability, reliability and effectiveness. If the balance isn't maintained, the system fails.

That may be why you don't see the system you discussed as OEM on any light duty truck being sold to the public. Then again, maybe the industry knows more about potential limitations of the system, limitations that weren't identified in the articles you referenced ???

Just thinking out loud, I'm not willing to add $5000 to the MSRP of my truck, $68,000 was enough !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote