View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 08:44 PM   #25
kjohn

I am not a fulltimer, but read this thread with great interest. I also enjoyed the humor!

FWIW, I dump a good amount of cheap laundry soap (maybe a quart or so) into the black tank after dumping, along with a fair guzzle of water. My good cousin clued me in on the flush system on our 21RBS, so now, with a spanking new 22RBS, I will be sure to keep flushing.

We use a pickup with a cap to pull the trailer. I keep a 45 gal. DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) tank in the back for black water and carry a macerator. I also keep a 25 gal clean water tank in the back and use a small "whizzer" 12V pump to water the trailer, if necessary.

We made 5000 miles last summer and only had to use the macerator but once. Darn handy setup to have and costs very little weight. I usually carry some water in the truck tank, maybe 10-15 gallons. I have the clean water tank in the truck set up so I can hook a garden hose off a hydrant to fill it and with a couple of valves, can fill the trailer from the tank with no fuss.