View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 10:32 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. To answer your question, yes that drain tube is "prone to cracking with age". I see your trailer is a 2010 model, so you've been living on borrowed time for a while. The tube connects to the back of the drain pan that sits inside your refrigerator, just under the condensation/cooling fins at the top, rear of the refrigerator compartment. You can buy a replacement hose at any RV parts store or you can replace it with a more durable clear vinyl hose from Lowe's or HD's plumbing section.

It does take a "Houdini type movement" to get the replacement hose on the fitting. It's possible, but difficult to do. You might consider a flashlight and a mirror to better plan your approach. Sometimes you can see a way around an obstacle that way. Also, if you have someone with smaller arms and hands, maybe they can give it a try. I'd suggest not trying it with the refrigerator in operation because the heat chimney sits directly behind the place you're going to be "Houdini-ing" .... It's easy to burn yourself if you're not careful.

Alternatively, if you simply can't get the replacement hose installed, then you'll need to pull the refrigerator forward to access the area. I didn't look at your trailer floorplan, if your refrigerator is in a slide, you also have a vent at the top of the refrigerator space. Possibly you can remove that vent and get a different approach ??? I throw that out as a last resort to look at before pulling the refrigerator.

I wouldn't recommend operating your refrigerator without the drain in place. There is enough water flow through that tube to damage the floor in the back of the refrigerator if you allow it to stand for any length of time.

Good Luck !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote