View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #28
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
Depreciation is in the eye of the beholder

It only matters if you buy at MSRP or want to sell it.

Depreciation is life....fact, when dealing with RVs, boats etc. (toys). Their price isn't going anywhere but down whether you buy it new or 15 years old, so, thinking you buy something "old" or "used" prevents you from "eating" depreciation is faulty - a toy WILL depreciate.

Depreciation IS in the eye of the beholder. I buy new - I have no use for others rejects or problems. I absolutely know, and expect, to take a hit on depreciation when buying new cars, trucks, trailers, boats etc. That is totally acceptable to me as opposed to the alternatives. You just make sure you get the best possible sales price and go with it.

I totally understand those that feel differently; my dad was that way. He felt buying anything new was throwing money away. My mom was the only person in the house that would go buy anything new of any value. I observed that until I left at 16.

New vs used, GM vs Ford vs Ram, blue vs green et al. Everyone has an opinion, and you know, whatever it is, for them, it's right. It does not make anyone else right or wrong. Have fun with whatever you like....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote