View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #20
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
One other issue I have is why do they not package the Dicore and Proflex caulk in smaller tubes instead of just the caulking gun sized tubes?
This is just speculation, but I'd guess the reason the tubes are a standard size is so they fit caulking guns owned by users. Having two or three different size tubes would mean buying two or three different size caulking guns to fit all those tubes. I have a pneumatic caulking gun that cost me well over $100. I "cringe" at thinking I'd have to buy another caulking gun for 8 ounce DICOR tubes and yet another one for 6 ounce tubes and another one for 4 ounce tubes......

The automotive "after market" tried that with a "mini- grease gun". I've got one hanging on the tool board in my pole barn. Great concept, but I can only find two types of grease cartridges to fit the gun, neither of which is what I prefer to use, so it's not much more than a "paperweight"....

Imagine the competition with RV sealants. DICOR decides to offer 8 ounce cartridges of sealant, Pro Flex offers 9 ounce, Omni Flex offers 7 ounce..... What a nightmare !!!!! I'll settle for the standard size tube, one gun to fit everything and a bunch of screws to seal the ends of "partly used tubes" which are stored in the freezer in the garage for the season. Which reminds me, I've got a couple of tubes in the freezer from this past spring that I need to toss. Next spring I'll start over with fresh sealant when I do my "spring roof maintenance", all with tubes that fit one gun with one application style and one "user friendly trigger weight"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote