View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 07:50 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Looking at the trailer you asked about, in comparison to the Cougar:

Cougar front bed 70x80 KZ front bed 60x80 While the bed is smaller, the space on each side of the bed is 5" greater.

Cougar propane 60 lbs, KZ propane 40 lbs. Cougar has 20 pounds more. That will make a difference in cold/cool weather camping.

Cougar fresh water 60 gallons, KZ 40 gal. That extra 20 gallons could mean an extra 1 or 2 days of dry camping.

Cougar black tank 38 gallons, KZ black tank 32 gal. More or less a "wash".

Cougar gray tank 76, KZ gray tank 32 gal. Cougar has more than twice the capacity which means the KZ doesn't have enough gray capacity to even use all the fresh water... Something to consider....

Cougar 15" wheels, 12" brakes, KZ 14" wheels 10" brakes. Although any trailer can have problems stopping or carrying its own weight, the Cougar has significantly better capacity/potential for upgrade than the KZ.

I am speculating here, but I'd guess the purchase price (after some negotiations) will be very similar on both trailers. So, what would be the value given some of the differences above? Each buyer has their own preferences, priorities and limitations, so it's impossible for me to "walk in your shoes".....

I'm sure there are other significant differences that I haven't addressed that you need to consider. I'd suggest you do some research on the type of construction (wood walls vs aluminum wall studs) type of insulation, type of sidewall exterior (fiberglass vs aluminum) size of air conditioner (13500 vs 15000), thickness of foam on dinette and bunks are just a few of the things I don't have any information about the KZ.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote