View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #7
cougarpelt

to add insult to injury, yesterday when I picked up the trailer from the dealer after repairs, I failed to notice that one of the tires was low; 13 miles later when I got home, it was completely ruined = $100. while removing the tire we found that the entire undercarriage was covered with rust! the paint installed during manufacturing is not sufficient to resist the salt sludge that this trailer was driven through between Dec when it as manufactured and March when it arrived at the dealer. both axels, springs and all the connections were covered with rust with less than half the paint remaining. I went ahead and repainted the undercarriage myself with Rustoleum and I will spray a layer of undercoating over that when it has dried. Fat chance I would have been successful getting that taken care of under warranty. At 70 years of age, I do not need the stress that dealing with Keystone warranty has been over these last weeks. You can lay all the blame you want on me, I don't care, maybe we have already evolved into a country where you shouldn't expect quality control for a $37,000 purchase. I am very disappointed with some of the comments I received from people who think, like keystone reps think, that these problems are no problem and mainly caused my me?? really?
I guess the best advice I can give a perspective buyer is: DO NOT BUY A KEYSTONE RV THAT WAS BUILT IN THE WINTER OR DRIVEN ON SALTED HIGHWAYS, UNLESS KEYSTONE/DEALER IS WILLING TO REPAIR THE CORROSION/RUST THAT RESULTS. AT THE VERY MINIMUM, THE MANUFACTURER SHOULD BEAR THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE(MISSING PAINT AND RUST) BY REPAINTING WITH SOME KIND OF UNDERCOATING. THE FACT THAT KEYSTONE DOES NOT APPLY AN EFFECTIVE UNDERCOATING FOR DELIVERING IN THE WINTER MONTHS AT LEAST IS A COST CUTTING POLICY THAT WILL COST THE CUSTOMER BIG TIME DOWN THE ROAD.
cougarpelt is offline   Reply With Quote