View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #6
Bama Hammer

I have some good experience for you. First, I have a 2400BH started towing it with a Tahoe (5.3L and 3.42 rear end). Got a brake controller installed with a decent WDH and set out. I had no issues with power, you might have some problems with 3.08 rear end tho. After a summer I decided I didn't like the short wheelbase of the Tahoe and feeling the trailer push me around in medium winds or when being passed on the highway. So I swapped to a Silverado (5.3L and 3.08 rear end). This also swapped my problems.. I went from having no problem with power to watching my tranny temp like a hawk, especially in the hills of SD. But I was happy with the longer wheelbase and thus more stable platform of the Silverado. Fast forward to now and I just bought a 2500 Ram 6.4L gas burner so I will have the best of both worlds.

All that said you can probably make the numbers work to pull the trailer, I know I justified it to myself in the beginning. BUT I don't think you will enjoy the experience at all. You will wind up watching your RPMs spike on the smallest hill around, slowing down to keep the tranny from overtemping, and probably be blown around the road as soon as your off the county roads. Don't tow more than 80% of the allowance for your TV in my opinion and you will be at 95-105% of your allowable capacity.
Bama Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote