View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 08:30 PM   #43
Tufelhunden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I agree with ctbruce. Darco is a "standard across all brands" product. It's used on literally millions of RV wheelwells. If it were unsuitable for the purpose and if it had a high failure rate or caused this problem repeatedly, there would be significantly more reports of "rotten floors caused by Darco" than we have seen on this and other forums. There simply aren't that many reports of such a problem.

That's not to say yours isn't (or wasn't) caused by a hole(s) in the Darco, but rather, to say that it's not happening to other trailers in any quantity. If it was a "Darco problem" we'd see a lot more posts complaining of wet, soft, rotten floors because every wheelwell that Keystone produces is covered with Darco.

As Chip said, it's the "low hanging fruit" and easy to blame whether it's the actual cause or not. I would be extremely suspicious of anyone who blames a "leak on the side of a trailer floor" as being the "cause of floor rot in the center of the trailer.... Sort of like blaming "rainwater from an open window" for a wet spot on the carpet in the center of a house while the new puppy sleeps in a dog bed in that same room.
Then it's the substandard assembly, presuming draco is a good product. My guess, like my bedroom door, shower leaks from both sides on near the wall, back shade not lowering or raising, it's substandard assembly. The door hole was was clearly cut to large and the shoved it in without shims so the screen door won't catch the necessary latch, misses by 1/2. The shower is leaking from both corners where the metal should be sealed to the floor pan, so I'm guessing no sealant there. The shower walls aren't sticking to the bonding agent underneath so they obviously didn't clean either the wall or the shower wall when bonding the two together. The rear shade hasn't worked since day one, clearly a bad shade and the people assembling it didn't care and let it go. Two windows are missing screens and inthe first Idaho rain it was in I noticed a leak under a rear window. Now mind you this was a good 1/8 of an inch in 24 hours so I can understand why it had issues. This is only after 3 weekend camping trips and two payments. I'm not even talking about the add on products that have failed, just the shoddy workmanship building the trailer. If these folks are paid over minimum wage keystones is getting ripped off, as the work is horrendous. Clearly there is little to no QA in the factory and no pride in the workforce.

I like the layout of the trailer and the look, but this thing has more issues than national geographic and is only been on the road three months.

Shoot forgot about the AC. When it was installed they failed to put the foam sheet in correctly that separates the intake and exhaust. It's in there but there is a two inch gap at the top so the intake and exhaust aren't separated. Keystone, quality is job, last.
Tufelhunden is offline   Reply With Quote