View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 07:57 AM   #9
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Some of the Alpines have the washer plumbed into the galley tank... I have a 2014 Alpine and that’s how mine is plumbed.. So if you are using the clothes washer then yes your galley tank will fill faster..

I would also not ever leave my gray tank dump valves open when hooked to RV Park sewer.. open them once every other day and then close.. if left open you are inviting sewer aroma and other things to come up that hose into your RV.
If you're gauging the amount in your tanks by the sensor indicators on the wall, DON'T, they basically tell you the little red lights work not necessary what's in your holding tanks.
Drop a sag in your sewer hose creating a P trap & no odors, easily done, do it every time I connect the hose. We have a w/d, lavatory sink & shower into 1 grey tank so that valve is left open when hooked up otherwise I'd be out there every day. I'll close the valve a day or 2 prior to dumping the black. In 10 years fulltiming no problems, no odors.
You're also 1 of several that mentioned "other things" coming up the hose, just curious, what "other things" & where would they go if they did come up the hose? I've been to numerous sites that the previous camper didn't replace the sewer cap & have never seen any type of "other things" coming out of it!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote