View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 12:43 PM   #53
Ken / Claudia

The people who bring up " I am getting a lawyer involved" always sounds like their really upset. I bet NONE will do it or have done it. Not over anything that is not a realistic pay out into a big number of thousands. And of course the lawyer getting up to 50%. Rust on a underside of a vehicle might cost a grand to have someone to remove rust, prep and spray undercoating to fix it.
If you really want a lawyer involved get an hour of advice 1st. Listen to them when they tell you it may take years. If they are real good they want a detainer up front, you got 10,000 bucks for that. Once you have a lawyer involved no dealer or factory of any product can or will talk to you, they cannot. You paid a lawyer to do all the talking from that point onward. You pay your lawyer 200 bucks an hour to talk to their lawyer. The American way, lawyers need to make money too.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote