View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
johnnyrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC7010 View Post
This thread is about the only place that I am willing to say this:

A lot of folks on forums (everywhere) are lazy. They don't want to expend the effort to search and/or read back through the discussions that have already taken place on the exact same topic that they are asking about. If they would do that, 99% of their questions have already been answered several times over.

Next, we already told so and so that his blue ford ranger four banger really won't tow a 35' fifth wheeler. A week later, someone else wants to know if his **red** ford ranger with a four banger will tow the same size trailer. Gets a bit frustrating for those of us who are willing to offer some help.

RV sales people are dangerous when it comes to towing. They only think dry weight of the trailer and do not consider any of the other critical factors. Most first time RV buyers believe them, sadly.

The truck manufacturers have created a false sense of security by upping their tow ratings so much on half ton trucks. Yes, your Ford F150 will pull 11,000 pounds, but those two rear D rated tires can't take the weight of that 2,000 fifth wheel pin for very long.

I think I have said enough.
Steve,

When I first signed up here I thought that the people in here were great. I asked a question that had already been answered elsewhere in the forum and was corrected gently by a member. I had already searched the question that I asked but found no previous answer in the archive so I asked. Some of us are here to get information on things that we are just beginning to learn. Although some of the guys here who have been RV'ing for a long period of time get irritated with us noobies, we appreciate the ones that stop and take the time to answer our inane questions anyway. It gives us rookies a piece of mind to hear that someone who has been doing this for twenty years thinks that our setup will work. Instead of ranting about it on someone's thread wouldn't it just be easier to not answer and move on to another thread that interests and/or challenges you personally? There is no rule that you have to answer a member's question once you have read it, just move on and shake your fist at your computer screen next time. I will attempt to not ask any questions that have already been asked and we can all get along in one big happy Keystone family!

Johnny and Kelley Rose + 4 kids and 2 dogs!
2005 Cougar 254 EFS (Whispering eye)
2005 Ford F-250 Lariat Supercab 6.0L Diesel
johnnyrose is offline   Reply With Quote