View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
SteveC7010

This thread is about the only place that I am willing to say this:

A lot of folks on forums (everywhere) are lazy. They don't want to expend the effort to search and/or read back through the discussions that have already taken place on the exact same topic that they are asking about. If they would do that, 99% of their questions have already been answered several times over.

Next, we already told so and so that his blue ford ranger four banger really won't tow a 35' fifth wheeler. A week later, someone else wants to know if his **red** ford ranger with a four banger will tow the same size trailer. Gets a bit frustrating for those of us who are willing to offer some help.

RV sales people are dangerous when it comes to towing. They only think dry weight of the trailer and do not consider any of the other critical factors. Most first time RV buyers believe them, sadly.

The truck manufacturers have created a false sense of security by upping their tow ratings so much on half ton trucks. Yes, your Ford F150 will pull 11,000 pounds, but those two rear D rated tires can't take the weight of that 2,000 fifth wheel pin for very long.

I think I have said enough.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote