View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #36
chris199

Always off...so far

We have had no reason to tow with it on. Agree with some posts here that the fridge is very well insulated. Sometimes, for longer trips, we will freeze a gallon jug of water and put it in there to keep things cold. Works for us.

We are planning a long trip for mid May. Planning to take our portable fridge in the TV and plug into cigarette lighter. I guess I could actually put that in the trailer, now that I'm writing this..... mmmmmm.......rather put the weight in the trailer but will need some way to secure it in there.

Anyway.....saw a 5er fire in NY. Very bad. I don't know what started it...they were driving at ignition.....but it was obvious the gas was one. There were explosions from inside the trailer and what appeared to be flame throwers coming from the trailer.

Just rather have peace of mind. I'd be the idiot to not turn off the unit at a gas station.

2015 Keystone Montana 3791RD Legacy Edition, MorRyde 4000, Dual pane windows, Goodyear G rated tires.

2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD, Duramax, SLE, SRW, Crew, Hensley Trailer Saver hitch, Blue Ox BedSaver.
chris199 is offline   Reply With Quote