Thread: Gas Grill
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #8
CincyGus

Have the Weber Q100 and love it. Have used many different small gas grills in the past and liked most of them but they just didn't last. Most of them used stamped steel that rusted out. Either the grates got nasty or the tops or bottoms rusted through and most were a bear to try to keep clean.

The benefits of the weber is cast aluminum body. I line the inside with foil and replace as needed. The grate is cast iron like you find on full size back yard grills. The reason it's used is it transfers heat exceptional well along with holding the temp evenly. Food will stick to it if your not careful. If I'm cooking something with a little fat on it (Steaks or Chops), I rub a big enough section of the grate with the fat edge of the chop for it to fit on to coat the grate and prevent sticking. If I'm cooking something like boneless chicken breat with no fat, a quick spray of PAM or a wipe with a paper towel with cooking oil and no sticking.

For me this is the greatest small gas grill around. Easy to clean, will last a lot longer than anything else, has plenty of places to by accessories and replacement parts if needed and cooks great. For 2-3 people, it's the ticket. If you need to cook for more than that, try the 200.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote