View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 06:38 AM   #11
Snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
The Dealer is Shaw RV in Youngsville NC. About 20 miles north of Raleigh.

They seem to sell Keystone products exclusively, Primarily: Bullet, Springdale and Sprinter.
I'm glad y'all started this tread as I will share the story of our purchase. We were first time buyers looking for a travel trailer. We walked around CW in Raleigh for almost 2 hours one weekend and not once did anyone ever attempt to assist us or ask us if we would like to see anything. Several salesmen drove right passed us but didn't bother acknowledging us. I had already done my homework and was pretty sure we wanted the Passport 2920BH but really just wanted to see it and hear the "sales pitch". So after being ignored we left the dealership that day with no contact, a couple of weeks later my wife called the dealership to inquire about the trailer they had on the lot. The salesman was very smug and arrogant over the phone and actually made the comment to my wife that she just needed to get her husband and come down to the dealership. (If you didn't already guess this is the absolute worst thing he could have possibly said to her).

We then called a dealership in Richmond that had the same camper, turns out they were a very large dealer that had just been acquired by CW (we should have run the other way!!!). We called and talked the sales team and were blown away by how great they were to work with. So we basically bought the camper over the phone with the understanding if we got there and there was something crazy wrong with the unit we would back out. The sales part was pretty smooth and we went away happy.

There were 2 or 3 minor things that needed to be fixed under warranty that they could not do that day due to the need to order parts. The sales team came up with the great idea that they would schedule the repairs with the CW in Raleigh and would take care of everything for us. That was great until we drove off the lot, then I could not get anyone from the dealership to answer my calls or call me back. Finally after about two weeks of calling one of the receptionist called me back and told me to just call the CW in Raleigh and schedule it myself.

I called CW Raleigh and was told it would be 3 months before I could drop my TT off, it would then take 2 weeks for the mechanic to physically go out and look at it and another 2-3 weeks for them to get parts in and make the repairs. These were very basic repairs, relocate a fire extinguisher that was mounted in the path of the bedroom door, fix several blinds that were mounted incorrectly, and replace a warped access cover.

After this my patience with CW had run out. I called Shaw RV to see if they could do the warranty work. They had me bring the unit in the next week and had everything approved by Keystone and fixed the next week. Their staff was extremely professional and helpful. I received several phone calls letting me know the status of the repairs, and walked away very impressed with the company.

Needless to say I will NEVER buy anything from CW again, and will likely make our next purchase from Shaw.