View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #39
JRTJH
Site Team

I installed mine last year in May so I'm looking at about 16 months of use and roughly 9600 miles. Not a minute's trouble, much cooler tire temperatures, smoother ride, less "cargo movement" inside the trailer and although I can't attribute it to the trailer tires, about 0.5MPG improvement in fuel mileage. I say I can't attribute that to the tires because there's been some changes in diesel blending in Michigan, some changes in speed limits and I do tow about 3-5 MPH faster now than I did with the "china may pops". So, with those differences, I'm not sure if the improvement in economy is tire related or not.

Anyway, I'm very satisfied, see nearly no wear and certainly no abnormal wear. This is with the Carlisle RH the "first generation model of the HD". I installed the HD tires on my boat trailer this spring and have had no problems with them as well. Next spring I'll probably remove these from the Cougar and install them on my flatbed car hauler. My flatbed trailer tires will be 5 or 6 years old, so it's getting time to change them, even though I seldom use the trailer. At current pricing from WalMart, it's a "hard decision" to buy something other than Carlisle RH tires for most any trailer application that's within their load range ratings.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote