View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #25
ptfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickR View Post
Anyone out there have a similar rig w/ a pullout bike rack on the back end? The mfg. provided spare tire holder on mine has the 4" cross bar winged out and the single bolt holding the entire wheel/tire. First encounter was on the way up to Wisconsin Dells, WI. Pulled into the site, walked around the rig and here is the spare tire hanging by a single bolt. The 4" cross bar was winged out so it would not keep the tire snug to the verticle bar and where the single bolt was holding whole tire was bent. Tried 2x unsuccessfully with my dealer and talking directly to Keystone to get this covered under warranty. No can do. Supposedly, I either bottomed out the back bumper (which the tire can't hit the ground even if it happened) or I hit something with the tire (which if the case it would be winged backwards and not forwards to fall off. Anyone similar issue?
Yes, we pulled into a campground last night and noticed the spare looked slightly crooked. After examining the tire and entire rack, we realized the wing plate was bent, etc... Sounds exactly like your issue. Our concern was the tire was wobbly and possibly could come loose from road vibration. We secure the tire with some wire we had on board.It seems if you use the bike rack in the extented position at some point it will bottom out. Have you resolved the issue? We are considering ways to resolve. We really like our rv and have been enjoying it.Thanks ptfire
ptfire is offline   Reply With Quote