View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 02:35 AM   #8
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
CarKath, Thanks for your info. I have seen a similar list from Woodalls. Any questions that members have about regulations should be directed to the individual state agencies you supplied. One error I noticed is that in New Jersey it is legal to carry a passenger in a truck camper or fifth-wheel as long as there is two way communication. Checking directly with each state is the only sure way to see if you will be in violation of local laws while traveling.
Again, thank you for your work gathering this info but members should not consider this the actual laws just because they read it here. I guess you could consider this post a legal disclaimer for the forum. Hank
Yeah.. Each time I've seen a compilation (sp?) like that, I spot errors. As you note, to be confident, check with each state DMV (or equivalent) website to double-check for those you plan on driving through.

Although.... I've found that most typical traffic enforcement (troopers, sherif, city police) that do not specialize with commercial drivers - they actually don't have a clue as to most of these laws... Shame.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote