View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 02:22 PM   #7
bobbecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasbeau View Post
Are the differences in the overall build quality or the additional amenities added? I'd hate to think we made a mistake by going with a Hideout. We noticed immediately that the cabinetry was not of the highest quality but that was a non-issue. The biggest thing that bothered us was the lack of pistons to hold up the overhead cabinet doors when opened. Having to hold the doors open with one hand drove us nuts. I added pistons to them myself the first week we owned the unit. Other things we feel the Hideout needs help with is cheap plumbing fixtures, a lack of electrical outlets and a range top that needs to be lit with a match. Otherwise we found the unit very acceptable. Hopefully they didn't skimp on the build of the frame or chassis?
Even our 2012 Montana didn't have door supports for the cabinets with doors hinged at the top, had to do as you and add them myself. Just remember, the more 'luxury' you add, the more the rig is going to weigh, so not only quality is a factor but everything is a compromise for a reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	door strut.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	18397  
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote