View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 06:52 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Gary31,

Your "sawhorse solution" may give you some clues into how well your door would support a patio option. The "cable supports" are attached to the sides of the ramp, not the middle (where your sawhorses are positioned). Have you placed the sawhorses along the sides (90 degrees from their current orientation) of the ramp in the location where the cables would attach?

From what I've seen (I don't own a trailer with a ramp) the ramp that is installed to be used only as a ramp, does not have any "side to side" bracing. That seems to be where all the damage from loading occurs. The ramp that's installed with the patio option (as I understand it) does have "side to side" bracing which prevents the door from "folding up" or "bending" in the middle when a load is applied.

The way you have your saw horses installed would "support the ramp" and "provide the necessary side to side bracing". If you install cables on the sides, remove your sawhorses, you may find the door bowing or possibly folding along the center "vertical" part.

You might want to experiment with the sawhorses along the sides (under the aluminum molding) to see how much "bow" you get in the center of the ramp.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote