View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 12:52 PM   #7
twvette

Spoke with ASA. Indeed super helpful and worth the long hold time (probably because its Monday and got passed from level1 to expert tech).

Its almost certainly not a software version mismatch problem for me. The User Manual is old and now the DC software will update the App software as part of its reboot if it is seen during the reboot. I had all three software updates on my USB stick so I it was there, but it might also be embedded in the DC software ... I did not ask for clarification on this as does not really matter.

Luckily took lots of pics before I put hauler in storage of software screens, board, etc. They are suspecting a problem with the my bluetooth antenna. Mine is showing signal of -92 to -94db in the setup menu which is not good and right at the breaking point to establish communications so also matches my symptoms have had since day 1. Should be more like -70db. Could be antenna disconnected/poor connection on board, BCM mounted to metal plate/metal between board and DC panel blocking signal, power cable to DC not fully seated, or similar. Recommended I try moving the antenna on the board around a little to see if seated in connector ok and if moving its location helps. It is located at the upper left corner of the board where an the installation screw is. Apparently there are apps can use to get bluetooth signal from a separate device to also further narrow down if BCM or DC issue so I will look into this also. Will pop the bezel off the DC and check power connections, etc. for anything abnormal. I am almost certain I got a "Dont care Friday" or "Hung over Monday" version Fuzion as have had so many things missing and disconnected its unreal and would not be surprised if same on this issue.

Looked at my BCM pics and appears mine is either broken off at the connector or it is wrapped over the edge and tucked behind the board which is likely not good either. My pic is not that great ... not zoomed in

So, current conclusion is I basically have enough signal to see the BCM via BT but it is too weak to connect to reliably. Makes further sense as when scanning for BCM in Setup menu sometimes it found it fast and other times took a minute or so.

In my Fuzion 420 the DC is mounted just as come in main door within a cabinet. The BCM is less than 10ft away direct shot and not mounted to metal (BCM is mounted to particle board basement wall) so we don't think placement is an issue but he was very curious which model I had and said if not implemented correctly has seen issues with BT signal strength.

Tech said my problem is not common and I could tell was shooting me straight based on some other info he gave me. He said most BCM connecting issues are related to it jumping to another BT identification number or similar but in these cases the blue light on board would remain on vs. being off like I have.

I also inquired about the fact that it loses connection much more using phone app. He has not had reports of this frequently but with a weak signal could see how this could only compound problems even though phone app is connecting to the DC instead of BCM.

If I can get connected again I will update the BCM firmware but confirmed there are no improvements for any "BCM Connecting" issues so it would just be a formality for me.

They are going to take care of me one way or another. However, they do require a dealer be involved so will have to take it in unless its a simple antenna issue I can find.

Will go do some more investigating later this week/weekend.

Anyone have access to theirs and could post a couple somewhat zoomed in pics of how their BT antenna looks on the BCM board (upper left corner next to mounting screw)? ... I cant really see mine in pic I have and even tech was a little uncertain exactly what it normally looks like and also trying to get me a pic. What db signal strength are you seeing?
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote