View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 09:28 AM   #75
Ken / Claudia

After on last post I had to think awhile about the question of a 3/4 over loaded pulling a RV and civil suits involved. I cannot think of any here that happened. But, in brief, I did have a overloaded utility trailer pulled by a mid size SUV. Trailers tires blew on drivers side. He crashed lost part of load which caused 2 more crashes. Minor injuries. I cited for reckless driving(crime). I did go the a tort hearing he was sued. Unknown outcome of that suit.
Another overloaded utility trailer pulled by a CJ jeep. Flipped and went across oncoming lanes. He was charged reckless driving and assault. I never knew if a civil case happened.
Last was a 70s 1/2 ton with same type year TT around 20 ft. Truck also loaded with about 1/3 bed with firewood. Steep down grades on that highway. Driver crossed over center of road on a 35mph curve as a motorcycle was oncoming. Motorcyle rider was run over by all driver side tires of truck and trailer. I pointed out to lead investigator truck was overloaded due to trailer and or wood. Anyone could see that by the rear of the truck lower down with the weight. Weeks later investigator told me driver was having problems controlling the vehicles and was overweight. He was charging driver with the death and reckless driving. Unknown of any civil trial as I retired 3 years later and never was involved in the case further.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote