View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 08:47 PM   #63
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksilvy1 View Post
When I first bought my 2500 DURAMAX I thought it would be able to tow anything. I never imagined the trailer I bought would put my truck over any weight restrictions. So this is not about me not caring, it's about me being ignorant and uneducated with towing restrictions.

When I found out I am a little bit over on certain weights I started asking questions. I'm crunched for time with this 6000 mile trip but I am currently looking to trade the truck in or possibly sell the trailer.

I appreciate all the feedback and spirited debate. I will definitely keep you all updated on what I end up doing and how the trip goes.

In the mean time I bought new wheels/tires that are rated for what I am towing so at least I shouldn't have a blow out. Axles might fall off though...
This HAS been a spirited debate. You asked the right questions for the right reasons. I think you may be just fine, BUT, a 6000 mile trip across the horrible roads you are going to encounter just makes you want to be sure you have everything up to snuff - I'm very worried about your weights...but then I worry about most things. I wish you the very best of luck. The safety of you and your family should be paramount.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote