View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

The setup on the hitch/truck looks WAY out of whack.

As was mentioned, if you have a lift, depending on what kind (full lift/new springs etc. etc.), it probably compromised your towing ability. As OEM what is the payload on that truck....2400-2500 (look at the door placard)? You can probably decrease that by at least 10% due to the lift. Next, look at the tongue weight on that trailer and the gvw; 14k gvw; tongue weight 1560 minimum (will be more like 1800-2000 fully loaded).

From what I see in the pic the WDH hasn't even been set up. Look at the bars; hanging down as if they are transferring no weight. But, when they are set up properly you are going to be overloaded by anyway by everything I can surmise.

The fix? Get a different trailer or bigger truck! You need a VERY good WDH/sway control; I know nothing about the Blue Ox but do know the Equalizers are excellent....and you will need an excellent hitch with that setup.

I know the stairs seem like a big deal at the moment, but, to me, the trailer/truck combo and how it's setup up looks like a bigger concern. It goes to point out that the PDI, by the dealer, and the PDI (walk through) by the owner, to assure that everything is as it should be is paramount in making sure that you have an enjoyable purchase and ownership AND the dealer makes all the difference. Good luck getting it resolved....and I love the pup.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote