Old 06-25-2018, 12:57 PM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldbak View Post
FACT:

• Standing water in two window channels after a heavy rain
  • Warranty was submitted to dealer with pictures
  • Dealer pressure tested the trailer with a Seal Tech positive pressure device. Soap solution is sprayed around every opening.
  • 7 windows failed around the window FACTORY seal. Indicating a bad run of windows or improper installation.
Warranty denied? Wrong answer from Keystone as far as I'm concerned. I purchased this NEW trailer because my old trailer leaked and had severe water damage. So far I'm not impressed with the build quality or warranty. I posted another thread here with my first set of warranty issues. That was a battle in it's self.

At the end of the day the problem starts at the manufacture. If the quality control was better and the assembly process was controlled we wouldn't be here.
You still haven't established if it is the window manufacturer or the trailer manufacturer that has the "bad product".... It should not be up to you, but up to the service manager to make that determination and report it properly to Keystone where they will, make the determination whether to refer the problem to the window manufacturer (if it is a window issue) or accept the problem (if it is an installation issue).

There are two weep holes in the frame of every window. ALL of them will bubble when soapy water is sprayed over the frame with the interior of the trailer pressurized. That is "normal function" and is not a leaking window. So, until your service manager establishes that there is, in fact, a window manufacturer quality problem or a Keystone "window installation" problem, I would not expect Keystone to do anything other than say, "claim denied, submit specific problem with documentation". So far, all your service manager has done is say the window leaks. He has not, by your statement, established if it is a leaking window or a leaking window installation. Until then, don't expect resolution from Keystone...

I'd suspect that you're being jerked around by the dealership. They have the expertise (or should have) to determine exactly what is leaking and repair it, document it appropriately to be reimbursed by the manufacturer and resolve the problem.

If what you have posted is the "whole story" your dealership is letting you down.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote